Assistant Field Services Manager
Position: Assistant Field Services Manager
Reports to: Field Services Manager, General Manager
Segment: Industrial Instrumentation
Location: Burnaby, BC
Summary: The Technical Services Department of Westbay Instruments has five primary responsibilities:
- Understand the groundwater and engineering requirements of customers and provide advice to customers and to Westbay Sales staff on the best application of Westbay technology to meet those needs.
- Managing field services team to ensure adequate coverage and excellent customer satisfaction
- Provide expert assistance in the field for installation of Westbay System technology and training of customer staff for independent operation of the installed items.
- Provide on-demand support to customers in their operation of Westbay technology.
- Coordinate with the Westbay Operations Manager for the sharing and scheduling of selected staff.
The Assistant Field Services Manager is responsible for carrying out and managing all the above functions appropriately. He/she directs the team members as required to achieve timely delivery of high-quality support.
The Assistant Field Services Manager will be responsible for handling a team of skilled service engineers and technicians in coordination with the Engineering/Manufacturing Manager. He/she will primarily responsible for enhancing the quality of services that are being provided to the customers and to Westbay. He/she will make sure that the work is delegated properly so that efficient services are being rendered to the end customer. Details of the key responsibilities to be handled by the Assistant Technical Services Manager include:
- To maintain a high level of professional and technical skill in the field of hydrogeology and groundwater instrumentation.
- To develop and deliver in-house training for the team members regarding the service procedures and the company’s policies and procedures
- To supervise the overall functioning, especially of the servicing functions of the organization, and should be able to propose service contracts
- To design strategies and ensure that all the day to day services have been controlled and that all the clients’ needs have been tackled successfully
- To make recommendations and design policies and rules that will reduce the costs and improve the efficiency of the services
- To be actively involved in the hiring and training of new employees and to schedule the necessary training sessions accordingly
- To work along with the team members and to evaluate their performance.
- Excellent people management and leadership skills.
- Time management and organization skills.
- He/she should be able to work under stressful work conditions and should have good problem-solving ability.
- Good multi-tasking ability with excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Good empathy for equipment operations and for field staff tasked with provision of expert-level service to customers.
- Able to identify problems and provide good solutions to them.
- Flexible attitude and should be willing to travel locally or internationally at short notice
- Have familiarity with the engineering and scientific issues associated with a broad spectrum of hydrogeology projects and applications, ranging from installation of groundwater instrumentation to coordination with existing data management systems and interpretation of data to meet project technical goals.
- Capability to interact at a high professional level with customers of varying professional, technical and social backgrounds and to manage their technical expectations.
- Capability to educate clients, project managers and other project stakeholders on application, benefits, limitations and value of advanced groundwater instrumentation
- A keen awareness and sensitivity to the absolute requirement for strict confidentiality of customer information, and the legal aspects of providing expert-level assistance to customers.
- Commitment to mentoring and professional advancement of team members
- B.Sc. or higher in hydro-geology, hydrology or relevant degree.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and CV describing your experience and salary expectations via email (no phone calls please). Please indicate “Assistant Field Services Manager” in your subject line. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.