Engineering/ Manufacturing Manager
Position Title Engineering/Manufacturing Manager
Reports to: General Manager
Segment Industrial Instrumentation
Location Burnaby, BC
Summary: The Engineering/Manufacturing manager plans, directs and coordinates the operations of the engineering and manufacturing department as well as maintain the facility. The Eng/Op’s Manager is responsible for ensuring and improving the manufacturing performance, productivity, efficiency and product research, development and design and profitability of departmental and manufacturing operations through the provision of effective methods and strategies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordination and Supervision– Coordinate, manage and monitor the workings of the engineering and manufacturing departments in Westbay.
- Financial– Review financial statements and data. Utilize financial data to improve profitability. Prepare and control departmental budgets. Control inventory. Plan effective strategies for the financial well-being of the company.
- Best Practices– Improve processes and policies in support of organizational goals. Formulate and implement departmental and organizational policies and procedures to maximize output. Monitor adherence to rules, regulations and procedures.
- Human Resources– Plan the use of human resources. Organize recruitment and placement of required staff. Establish organizational structures. Delegate tasks and accountabilities. Establish work schedules. Supervise staff. Monitor and evaluate performance.
- Engineering – Supervise and lead engineers, and technicians in designing product, oversee product development and quality control. Oversee the research and development of new products and procedures. Hire, train, and mentor other engineers and supporting staff.
- Production– Coordinate and monitor the work of various departments involved in production, warehousing, pricing and distribution of goods. Monitor performance and implement improvements. Ensure quality of products. Manage quality and quantity of employee productivity. Manage maintenance of equipment and machinery. Provide technical support where necessary.
- Communication– Monitor, manage and improve the efficiency of support services such as IT, HR, Accounts and Finance. Facilitate coordination and communication between support functions.
- Sales, Marketing and Customer Service– Manage customer support. Plan and support sales and marketing activities.
- Strategic Input– Liaison with top management. Assist in the development of strategic plans for operational activity. Implement and manage operational plans.
Education and/or Experience:
- College degree in electrical or mechanical engineering, business administration, commerce, management or industrial technology.
- Industry relevant production experience
- Experience in ERP systems with a working knowledge of Microsoft Great Plains software is an asset
- Knowledge and experience in organizational effectiveness and operations management
- Knowledge of business and management principles and practices
- Knowledge of financial and accounting principles and practices
- Knowledge of human resource principles and practices
- Knowledge of project management principles and practices
- Information technology skills
To apply, please submit a cover letter and CV describing your experience and salary expectations via email (no phone calls please). Please indicate “Engineering/ Manufacturing Manager” in your subject line. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.